I posted recently that I had something special coming up – Well my latest project is a Wedding dress. Needless to say this will be a design and make that I shall have to keep a little secret until the big day and final reveal, just in case the Groom-to-be stumbles across this!
My client, Gemma, called round on Friday evening with her Mum, Aunty and Mother-in-Law-to-be to be measured up and to discuss what she wants. I also took the time to make a body form of Gemma (duct tape method) as she lives a fair way from me. The body form will let me get a good initial bodice fitting without too many visits.
All I can say at this stage is the dress will have a boned bodice so I got to work and drafted a 9 piece bodice and knocked up the basic toile. I shall now have a play around with shaping etc.
|Basic bodice toile.|
|The bodice pattern pieces, ready for cutting.|
I will keep you updated, as much as I can so keep following to find out more.
In other news, I have been working on a beautiful velvet jacket for a groom and will post photos after I have revealed it to him.
The problem is that every time I make a jacket I want to make another….So I will be. Like my shirt tutorial that gets so many hits, I shall be doing a tailored Jacket tutorial for you. I shall be making a Jacket based on the Neapolitan style: Soft shouldered, minimally structured, rounded patch pockets and the traditional set-in puckered sleeve heads.
So hopefully a tutorial you will like.
Until next time…..Happy sewing