So having, as usual, plenty of fabric left from my previous make, I thought it was time to make something for our, now 1 month old, son Harry. Being denim it had to be some dungarees and here is the finished item.
I made up a pattern and cut the fabric.
Front and back centre seamed and topstitched.
I was kindly given some denim with embroidered teddy bears so thought that would make a nice patch pocket for the front.
Patch pocket edge-stitched and light denim side details for buttons/poppers
Linings made up in same way using some bright red stretch lining I had left-over from making my sister-in-law a wiggle dress.
Rear has the shoulder straps attached then lined
Front and back stitched at side seams and jersey poppers on the side seam tops
I added a leg cuff in red stretch
Finished with 2 buttons for the strap and the same jersey poppers for the leg opening
This was a pretty quick make but I am really happy with the result. Easy pattern shapes and nothing complicated. I hope Harry likes them…
Now to finish my vintage jacket so until next time, happy sewing.